Thursday, February 26, 2009

Edna's Coffee...my addiction for over a decade...since I was 12 hehe!



Armenian coffee.

There is something quite mysterious in the experience of having a cup. First, you are instantly wired and then you get the sudden urge to share your thoughts with someone you love or even strangers or become extremely giving of your creative energy and warm feelings about humanity and anything you are inspired by in that moment. Every time I drink it, I either want to call all the people I've been avoiding or work on something creative. It just makes me want to "do" because I become very present in that moment! It is a tool I use when I need to create.

How to make it: one teaspoon and a half for every Armenian coffee cup (which are tiny like espresso cups), one cup equivalent of water, stir and wait for the coffee to rise before taking it off the stove...and voi la! You can add one teaspoon of sugar while it's on the stove or drink it with a piece of chocolate or pastry. Then you turn over your cup with the coffee sediment left at the bottom of the cup. Make sure that when you turn over you cup, that you turn it in the direction facing your heart. As the sediments trickle down, they form shapes and images which can help tell your fortune.



I don't know if it works or not, but I had this one incredible experience after I had finish reading "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. What I found was the above picture in my coffee cup. I see the image as me (to the left) praying with both hands and Eckhart Tolle (on the right) with his hand on my back probably telling me that it's going to be ok. I'm not religious, but spiritual and that book has really helped me more than anything else I have read or come across in regards to how to experience this life and what to make of it and how to pursue one's passions and dreams. So, obviously, you can imagine how shocked I was to see this image in my cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment